Law firm Kelvin Chia Yangon has signed a fourth memorandum of understanding with Oxford Business Group (OBG) for the British publishing firm’s...
Kelvin Chia Yangon advises its clients on all aspects of doing business in Myanmar. Over the past 17 years, we have been involved in various business transactions and significant investments in Myanmar and have served a wide range of clientele comprising multinationals, corporations and businesses headquartered throughout the region.
These transactions and investments include:-
- Foreign direct investments and applications to the Myanmar Investment Commission
- Establishment of companies and branch offices
- Establishment of joint venture enterprises
- Establishment of wholly foreign-owned enterprises
- Commercial agreements and transactions, including distributorship and agency agreements
- Leases and issues surrounding land
- Sale and purchase agreements in respect of shares and business undertakings and other assets
- Conduct of legal due diligence and preparation of due diligence reports
- Mergers and acquisition exercises
- Investments in mining and other natural resources
- Oil and gas sale, transportation and related transactions
- Production sharing arrangements and other concessions
- Investments in infrastructure, plants and facilities
- Construction contracts
- Regulatory compliance, permits and licensing
- Tax advice, foreign exchange and banking regulations
- Employment law and immigration matters, and work permits
- Advice on intellectual property, and registration services
- Corporate secretarial services
- Intellectual Property
The arrival of mobile internet and social media in Myanmar has created jobs, boosted foreign investment and connected millions of people. It has...